Sunday, February 8, 2009

Blog Assignment #2 Response.


So, apparently I can't follow directions about posting the responses in a new post.

I had said to Devon: In response to your comment, Devon, I agree! I'd also like to mention that I think this picture was aimed towards tourists, to show the typical everyday life of a Japanese woman should be. The woman in the photo seems to be at ease in the Hello Kitty/Sanrio store, and not just because she works there. Also, the idea that an actual tourist may have taken the picture is shown by the amateur photo-takin skillz, since we can see fingers covering the flash.

So, to sum it up I think in response to your comment, America wants to emulate the idea of a girl that Japan has created in Hello Kitty. Now I wonder what that says about my unhealthy obsession with Chococat?

For Julia: I have no clue what that red Hello Kitty is, but those blobs are actually some one's fingers I believe.

For Megan: I actually still have no idea if what she's holding in her hand is a cell phone or a knife. At first, when I thought it was a cell phone, I thought she was some fan of Hello Kitty and was going to, like, call all her friends and they can totally shop~ But then, I saw that there were papers around her and she looks to be standing at what appears to be a desk.

For a little background about this picture, I found it on a tourist website that had a bunch of Japanese photos of everything an American otaku would want. They had Pokemon and other famous Japanese culture references and it seemed like they were trying to educate the consumer that if they were to go to Japan, they may just see the yellow fur ball going pika pika.

It was quite amusing, but any way, I still love Hello Kitty more :D

No comments:

Post a Comment